Thursday, June 16, 2005

Faster & Higher!!

We're keeping 2 of our granddaughters this weekend--Addy & Ellie. What a joy!!

Addy (3) loves to swing. We just bought our neighbors wooden swing set to keep her from going to their house (we live in the country so it's more than "just next door")!

Grandpa went out with her after supper to swing and I stayed inside with the baby. Then we traded--he came inside and I went outside--to swing Addy, of course! As I started pushing her she yelled, "FASTER! HIGHER! FASTER!" And then she titled her head back and just GIGGLED! Her long blonde hair was streaming out around her face, catching the fading golden rays of the sun. c *GIGGLE* *GIGGLE* " I'm FLYING!! *GIGGLE*"This is SO FUNNY!!", she says.

Pure, utter, absolute, sheer JOY!! No wonder Christ loved children! How many of us still remember how to experience that joy in such a simple act as swinging with the breeze blowing your hair as you FLY back and forth?? Won't heaven be sweet, when we are all able to throw off the cares and burdens and hindrances of this world, tilt our head back and yell...."FASTER! HIGHER! FASTER!" *GIGGLE* " I'm FLYING!!

Jud 1:24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy!

Rom 15:13Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Thanks MH!

Jenny said...

Soooo sweet! I always love to swing, even now when I get the change at the big playgrounds with "industrial strength" swings.

I can't help but smile and giggle when I'm biking, swimming or swinging... so I guess I'd better make some time for one of those three this weekend!

Have a good weekend, dear. **hugs**

tomorrows up to me said...

We can learn so much from children. And being a grandparent is one of the greatest blessings! Enjoy your little ones....and let them push you sometimes!

Joyce said...

Susan,

I would if I could fit in one of the swings!!! We need to get one that's "Nana" size!