Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Keeping my Sunny-side Up!

We had company for supper tonight. I was making one of their favorite desserts about 5:00. The recipe called for one egg. So I went to the fridge, and grabbed the carton of eggs. I must have bumped something, because the carton CRASHED to the floor. GASP! Of the 8 eggs in the carton, 3 were broken all over the floor, 2 were cracked but still in the carton, 1 was still in the carton, but cracked beyond saving, and 2 were not broken. I put the carton on the counter. I used about 6 paper towel to get the eggs off the flour and then wiped up the floor with a rag. I turned my attention to the carton on the counter. I dumped the 2 cracked eggs into a small bowl, thinking, OK scrambled eggs for breakfast. That left 1 cracked-beyond-saving egg, and two unbroken, but very slimy eggs. I reached for the 2 whole eggs--the carton shifted and knocked over the bowl with the 2 eggs. They poured over the edge of the counter and onto the floor. At this point, all I could do was stand there and giggle!!! More paper towels, more wiping, more washing. Two eggs out of 8 were salvaged. The Oatmeal Fudge Bar recipe only called for 1 egg. It took SIX!!!! Hee heeee haahaaaha!

It doesn't seem so funny writing it. But it sure was funny when it happened. Guess you had to be there!

We sure had fun with our company. Dinner went well and then we played pictionary with Christmas carols, like we did at Jayme's cookie exchange. Out of 24 lyrics, the 8 of us only got 9 right. The women 5, the men 4--but we sure had a lot of fun. Thanks for the idea Jayme!!

Must go--projects to finish before Christmas!!

3 comments:

Corry said...

I don't think I would have laughed if it would have happened to me but I am glad you did:-)

A very blessed and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

God's Grace.

Jenny said...

Glad you could laugh about it. I would not have been so easy on myself.

You're such a blessing to me, Joyce!

**hugs**

Merry Christmas!

Joyce said...

Corry, It was laugh or cry, and it suddenly struck me as very comical!

Jayleigh, You indeed are a blessing to me as well!

Jane, The eggs or the dessert?!? The dessert turned out just fine. I had to share the recipe with my guests--maybe I'll post it here.

Merry Christmas to you, too, and God's richest blessings!