Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Peanut Butter or a Stone

I've had my two sweet grand babies this week. They make me smile soooo much!! For example:

Ellie (the 3-year old): Nanny, Nanny, Nanny!
(I'm really "Nana", but in her little sweetness way, when she is excited, it becomes "Nanny!"

Me: What Ellie?

Ellie: (with her hands around her eyes like binoculars--her cute little peculiar way of asking for something) I need sumpin to EAT!

Me: You DO? What do you want?

Ellie: Keenut Butter!

Me: Oh, really? On crackers?

Ellie: Noooo, just Keenut Butter.

Me: You mean on a spoon?

Ellie: Yes. Keenut Butter on a spoon!

Now how is a Nana supposed to resist such sweetness as that??

But it made me think about the scripture that says, "Would a father give his son a stone when he asks for a loaf of bread?" How much more will your Heavenly Father give what is good to those who ask Him?

Me: Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!!! ....

If only we would remember to ask for "Keenut Butter" when we're "hungry"...

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I sooo need some "keenut butter."

Jenny said...

Joyce..... friend! Where have you gone again? Come back! I miss you!

(hope you're having fun tho!)

Jenny said...

Hi there. Look! All your comments are from me! I keep checking back on you to see if you've come back. MISS YOU!!!

Corry said...

Awww how cute! Yeah, how can you refuse???? NOT! :-D

God's Grace.