Sunday, October 09, 2005

Eating Out

Since Jayme is hobbling along on crutches, I'm here with her helping out with the kids. Wow! Two little children are MORE than DOUBLE the work of one!

But there are some definite bright moments! Take for example the following conversation after church tonight:

Addy to her Papa: Can we go OUT and get something to eat?

Papa to Addy: I don't know, you'll have to ask your mother (who is standing nearby listening).

Addy to her Mama: Can we go OUT and get something to eat?

Mama (giggling): Ask your Papa!

Addy to Papa: Papa, can we go OUT and get something to eat?

Papa to Addy: I don't know, ask your sister!

Addy to 9 month old Ellie: Can we go OUT and get something to eat?


Ellie: (Happy babbling)

Addy announces: Ellie says YES!

Papa to Addy: What do you want to eat?

Addy to Papa: I don't know.

Papa to Addy: Ask your sister?

Addy to Ellie: What do you want to eat?

Ellie: (happy babbling)

Papa to Addy: What did she say?
y
Addy to Papa: I don't know, I didn't hear her!

I love being here to hear these little conversations. Addy just came and gave me a goodnight *mah* (kiss) and says in her sweet little voice, "Goodnight, Nana!"

And so, I say goodnight and God bless to all of you!

3 comments:

David Edward said...

good night and bless you too Joyce

Joyce said...

Hey, David!

Thanks for stopping by and saying good night.

Come visit anytime!

Jenny said...

Ooooh how sweet!