Monday, August 29, 2005

Shhhhhh......it's a Secret

Emerson's birthday is September 16th. He will be 70. He thinks I don't have anything special planned for that day. Heehheeehehheheeeehhhe! I don't. BUT....hehhhehhheeeeehehe....my birthday is September 5th and since that is labor day, I planned his party for that weekend!!! It has been so much fun to plan. And I can't wait to see his face!!!!!! I managed to get all of the kids and grandkids to come. The ones from Houston will arrive Saturday evening. Heeheeeeheeee--I just know he is going to be so surprised!! While he was in the hospital he said "Why don't you call Shane (the one who lives in Houston) to bring the kids and come visit me in the hospital--but if he won't bring the kids, tell him not to bother!!" I just laughed!!!!! Little does he know they'll be here in less than a week.

I even hired a photographer to come take family pictures on Saturday morning. I am just so excited I can harldy stand myself!

I have been working on a scrap book for him. It starts with pictures of his first wife (she died of cancer)--I found some old wedding proofs. They worked great. Then I put in pictures of his kids when they were little. Then I have some pictures of the family just before his first wife died. After that, will be our wedding pictures. Then pictures of all the grandkids. I think I have over 60 pages now, and it's not done. I guess it won't be entirely done (even with old pictures), but it can be a work in progress. I know he will like it. He's seen a few of the pages, but I think he thinks I'm making it for our daughter-in-law. But even if he's figured out it's for him, he doesn't have any idea how many pages I've made or what's on most of them!

I haven't quite figured out how to buy all the groceries for the weekend without him going--what's all this for???? So if you have any suggestions...let me know.

I'll keep you posted on the progress of the BIG SURPRISE!!

God's blessings.

No comments: